2020 Annual Accounts and Trustees Report
Posted: 18 December 2020 5:41 pm.
The 2020 accounts and trustees report have now been finalised and are available to download here.
The accounts show another sucessful year for Stepping Stone Projects, some of the highlights of the year are as follows:
- Provided services to 814 customers who were either homeless or in unsuitable / insecure housing; 338 within the Young Person’s Services and 476 in Adult Services.
- Achieved average utilisation rates of 100% in our services and average throughput of 224% both of which exceeded our targets.
- Achieved an 87% overall customer satisfaction level, 81% satisfaction with accommodation and 96% stating they would recommend SSP to family and friends.
- Achieved 100% partner satisfaction levels and 81% colleague satisfaction levels.
- Successfully bid to become part of the new Lancashire County Council Support and Independent Living (SaILS) framework to provide care leavers services until 2030 and have seen a growth in the number of care leavers we accommodate and support.
- Successfully extended our existing contracts with Lancashire County Council to provide Lancashire Dispersed Housing and Burnley Accommodation Services until at least 30th September 2021.
- Successfully extended our existing contracts with Rochdale Council to provide Complex Needs, Male Only and Generic Floating Support Services until 31st March 2021.
- Been successful in retaining funding from the Rochdale Strategic Health Authority and Public Health England for an innovative dispersed accommodation project for ex-offenders in the Borough until 31st March 2021
- Acquired and improved St Clare’s House to provide long term low level intensively managed accommodation.
- Entered into a new management agreement with MossCare St Vincents Housing Association to provide low level intensively managed homes at Rockley House for people with low level mental health needs.
- Successfully retained Silver Accreditation level following our Investors In People assessment in 2019.
- Completed a major upgrade of our ICT infrastructure and hardware.
- Delivered a Trainer Flat project in Burnley as part of a new East Lancashire central government funded Trailblazer Project to provide new and innovative ways of working to prevent youth homelessness. This was originally a Pilot commissioned in 2017, which received extended funding in 2018. Funding ceased for the project on 31st March 2020
- Been re-commissioned by Rochdale MBC to extend our provision to co-ordinate and deliver a new local ABEN service (A Bed Every Night) for people who are street homeless and/or rough sleeping as part of the Authority’s Cold Weather Protocol until 31st March 2020.
- Our long serving Chief Executive, Kath Barlow, retired in December 2019. We appointed and inducted a new Chief Executive, Dave Smith, who commenced in post in November 2019. We also appointed a new Director of Operations in March 2019, Ben Courtney, following the resignation of the previous Head of Operations, Alasdair Manson, in November 2019. Ben has been successfully inducted and embedded into the new Executive Management Team to support growth, diversification and further improved services and performance.
- Continued to develop our website which is more informative / interactive and introduced social media through the development of the Stepping Stone twitter account.
- Turnover increased by 7.85% to £3.85 million.
- Delivered a surplus of £107.2k.
The accounts and trustees report demonstrate the charity's continuing growth and sucess in helping vulnerable customers to achieve independent living in appropriate housing despite the constraints imposed by continuing austerity measures and cuts to local authority funding.