Westgate – Supported Accommodation, Burnley
Located approximately 1 mile from Burnley town centre, Westgate offers supported accommodation to 16-25 year old single people.
Some of our customers have made the following short video to help potential customers understand which of our services is right for them.
What the service delivers
Westgate consists of 6 self-contained flats that are furnished to a very high standard. Tenants staying at the project have a Resettlement Worker who works on a one-to-one basis to help them develop their independent living skills and address their individual support needs.
Who is eligible for the service?
Westgate is a generic service for young single people aged 16-25 year sold who require housing-related support to enable them to become independent in the community.
What support will young people receive?
At the move-in stage, the allocated Resettlement Worker will complete an induction programme with each new customer. Following this, they will arrange an appointment with the customer to agree upon an initial support plan. The information from the initial support plan will form the basis for the development of a full support/action plan. The support/action plan will be devised and agreed with the customer, Resettlement Worker and any other agencies that the customer would like to be involved.
On-premises support that can be offered at Westgate, includes:
- Help accessing and maintaining suitable long-term accommodation.
- Advice on housing rights and responsibilities.
- Help accessing specialist agencies around mental health issues.
- Help accessing specialist services around substance/alcohol issues.
- Help with applying for benefits, grants and loans.
- Help with budgeting, paying bills and managing debts.
- Help filling in forms (i.e. Welfare Benefits).
- Support accessing specialist agencies and support services.
- Support in accessing employment, voluntary work opportunities, training and education.
- Help building self-confidence.
- Support to develop shared living skills.
How to access the service
For further information on this project or to make a referral please call 01706 359600 or email email@example.com or through Lancashire County Council’s ART Team.
Back to Services Page