Spenser Street – Supported Accommodation, Padiham
The Spenser Street Project is situated on a residential street in Padiham, close to the town centre and on a main bus route into Burnley.
Some of our customers have made the following short video to help potential customers understand which of our services is right for them.
What the service delivers
The project consists of 4 fully furnished, self-contained studio flats for 16-25 year old single people. Customers that stay in Spenser Street have a Floating Support Worker who works on a one-to-one basis, helping them to develop their independent living skills and address individual support needs.
Who is eligible for the service?
Spenser Street is a generic service for young single people aged 16-25 year old.
What support will young people receive?
At the move-in stage, the allocated Floating Support Worker will complete an induction programme with each new customer. Following this, they will arrange an appointment with the customer to agree upon an initial support plan. The information from the initial support plan will form the basis for the development of a full support/action plan. The support/action plan will be devised and agreed with the customer, Support Worker and any other agencies that the customer would like to be involved.
Support that can be offered, includes:
- Help accessing and maintaining suitable long-term accommodation.
- Advice on housing rights and responsibilities.
- Help accessing specialist agencies around mental health issues.
- Help accessing specialist services around substance/alcohol issues.
- Help with applying for benefits, grants and loans.
- Help with budgeting, paying bills and managing debts.
- Help filling in forms (i.e. Welfare Benefits).
- Support accessing specialist agencies and support services.
- Support in accessing employment, voluntary work opportunities, training and education.
- Help building self-confidence.
- Support to develop shared living skills.
How to access the service
For further information on this project or to make a referral please call 01706 359600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or through Lancashire County Council’s ART Team.
Back to Services Page