Rochdale Life Skills and Tenancy Support Service
In May 2021 Stepping Stone Projects commenced the delivery of the new Rochdale Council Life Skills and Tenancy Support Service in partnership with WHAG (a specialist supported housing provider for women). This new service will provide c250 vulnerable customers with floating support services to help them deal with crisis situations, deliver independent living and prevent homelessness. The support provided is designed to meet their own needs and ranges from one off support sessions to deal with a specific issue through to packages of support totaling up to 35 hours over period up to 3 months.
Is supported accommodation available?
The service also recognises that some people will need also need accommodation and more intensive support if they are homeless or in a state of crisis. We are therefore also able to offer emergency temporary supported accommodation for those customers without a stable home who have complex needs and/or who require either male only or female only accommodation. We provide this accommodation in partnership with Rochdale Boroughwide Housing and MossCare St Vincents Housing Association.
What support is offered?
The service provides housing related support with issues a customer may be facing, including:
- Support to obtain accommodation.
- Advice on housing rights and responsibilities.
- Applying for welfare benefits.
- Dealing with rent arrears.
- Accessing employment or training.
- Accessing education.
- Accessing specialist service in relation to substance misuse, alcohol and mental health.
- Accessing welfare rights advice.
- Applying for Grants.
- Applying for Discretionary Housing Payments.
- Accessing furniture schemes.
- Information of local facilities.
- Budgeting, paying bills and debts advice.
- Support to plan meals.
- Accessing speciality advice and support agencies.
- Support filling in forms.
- Information on Cultural or religious organisations and centres.