Generic Floating Support, Rochdale

Our Generic Floating Support Service assists people aged 18 and over to obtain accommodation and manage their own tenancies to become more independent.

What the service delivers

An allocated Support Worker will visit the client in their own home or at a convenient neutral venue and help them to work to a support plan and agreed targets. Clients are supported to obtain and then sustain their own tenancy including developing the skills needed to achieve independence.

Who is eligible for the service?

People aged 18 and over with housing-related support needs and a local connection to Rochdale are eligible for the service.

What support is offered?

The service provides housing related support with issues a client may be facing, including:

  • Support to obtain accommodation.
  • Advice on housing rights and responsibilities.
  • Applying for welfare benefits.
  • Dealing with rent arrears.
  • Accessing employment or training.
  • Accessing education.
  • Accessing specialist service in relation to substance misuse, alcohol and mental health.
  • Accessing welfare rights advice.
  • Applying for Grants.
  • Applying for Discretionary Housing Payments.
  • Accessing furniture schemes.
  • Information of local facilities.
  • Budgeting, paying bills and debts advice.
  • Support to plan meals.
  • Accessing speciality advice and support agencies.
  • Support filling in forms.
  • Advocacy.
  • Information on Cultural or religious organisations and centres.

How to access the service

Referrals to the service are made by contacting our Central Referral Team on 01706 359600 or via e-mail at – an electronic e-mail referral form will be sent for you to complete.

Once a referral form is received, and if the eligibility criteria are met, we will arrange a Needs Assessment interview with the applicant to discuss their support needs; if accepted they will be allocated a support worker.

Back to Services Page ​​​​